Friday, November 2, 2012

Friends



Its always a wonder to me how easily friends make a place in your heart. Meeting new people and getting to know them excites me. It’s such a joy to have close friends.

We spend so much of our time with our friends. They make us smile, and yet they have the power to make us cry. They are our partners in crime, and sometimes they are our moral anchors. They criticize us when necessary, but never do they judge us. A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same. They multiply our happiness and share our pain. Where would we be without our friends?

It hurts a lot when you drift apart from a friend. However, if your bond is strong, the quality of your friendship won’t be decided by the amount of time you spend together. Rather, it will depend on whether you care for each other.

In the recent past so many friends have moved away from my city. The city appears so different now. I reminisce often about the great times I spent around town with my friends and it always brings a smile to my face. However, it’s a sad smile.

I often wonder how life would be like if all of my friends would be with me here and if no one would have drifted away. I envy the people who have lived their entire lives in the same house and have had the same friends since they were small kids. I often wish I had lived a similar life. But then I realize that if it were really so, I would have remained confined to a limited few friends. I would never have got the chance to meet so many amazing people in my life.  And then I realize that I am blessed. I am blessed because I have so many great friendships. And I can never thank God enough for them.

No comments: