Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBloPoMo : My favorite quote



I am writing again after a long time. However, upon the insistence of someone special, I am again attempting to take the road less travelled. In fact, this very initiative to take part in NaBloPoMo is an attempt from my side to break away from the shackles that I have imposed on myself.
Most people are apprehensive of change. They find comfort in stability and routine. According to medical science, when we do things repetitively, our brain more effectively retains the knowledge and hence repetition or practice makes us more proficient in an activity. But sometimes this need for stability actually hampers growth. People who adapt quickly to this ever-changing world are better equipped to handle every challenge that life throws at them.
My entire life has been about change. I have lived in several cities in my 24 years of existence. And along with it there have been the customary changes in houses, schools and friends. I have changed many of my interests - almost to the extent that now I feel as if I have some form of ADD - and I have, as a result, also changed my career aspirations several times. Change has been so integral to the fabric of my life, that now I hardly bat an eyelid when my life springs in a surprise. In the rare situation that the volatility does overwhelm me, I remind myself, “The only thing constant in life is change”.

No comments: